PStreamConvert is an easy to use application for the convenient and fast conversion of proprietary backups in a commonly supported video format. Moreover, the integrity of the backups can be ensured by analyzing the checksums contained. Any manipulation of image data is clearly detected and displayed.
One for All
PStreamConvert supports the conversion of backups from all Dallmeier recording systems and SMAVIA Appliances. For this process, it is irrelevant which method was applied to create the backup, whether it was directly exported from the device to a CD/DVD/USB fl ash drive or performed with a Dallmeier management software (SMAVIA Viewing Client or SeMSy® III Workstation Software).
Variable Output Format
Converted videos are output in an AVI container format with MPEG4 coding, which is supported by virtually every player software. Within the container the quality of the converted videos (frame rate, bit rate, resolution) can be customised to meet individual needs and there is an option to defi ne either the PAL or NTSC video standard.
All sorts of backups can be combined during the conversion process to produce a single video file. Hence, PStreamConvert enables the assembly of a video that allows for a convenient and goal-oriented evaluation of the different perspectives of a relevant event.
Data, Text and Image Overlays
Displayed information (camera name, time) is transferred from the original backups and reinserted into the converted video (hardcoded). Thus, a preservation of the full information content is guaranteed even for later points in time and without reference to Dallmeier systems. Optionally, PStreamConvert can integrate a simple or a freely editable text as well as an image into the converted video (hardcoded). This function allows for the integration of individual supplementary data. Yet, it can also be used to mark a video, thereby ensuring effective traceability in cases in which the video is passed on without authorisation.
- Compatible with all recording systems as of generation 4
- Compatible with all SMAVIA Appliances and DIS-2/M modules
- Compatible with SMAVIA Viewing Client
- Compatible with SeMSy® III Workstation Software
- Video compression MPEG4 with AVI container1)
- Output frame rate up to 25/30 fps
- Output Bit rate up to 8 MBit/s
- Output resolution up to Full-HD
- Video sources with higher bit rate and resolution supported
- Presets for conversion settings
- Merging of single backups supported
- Integration of data overlays
- Individual text / image overlay for video identification
- Analysis of the integrity of backups
- Detection of manipulation of image data and frames
- Detection of tampering with headers and metadata