Solutions for Logistics
The logistics industry is facing enormous changes due to digital technologies, the intelligent use of which in many cases is the prerequisite for decisive competitive advantages.
Dallmeier's modular solutions allow the integration and further processing of video-generated data in a wide variety of existing systems. This enables logistics companies to achieve a wide range of economic advantages.
- Video security for perimeters, business premises and external boundaries helps to reduce theft and vandalism
- Automated registration and sign-out processes upon entry and exit
- Improved cycle times in yard management
- Full-coverage claims management
- Position finding and tracking of shipments in real time
- Elimination of manual data capture processes for weighing and measuring
Perimeter and premises protection
Less is more: The patented Panomera® multifocal sensor system safeguards large open expanses such as perimeters with a defined image quality in each square-inch of the area, a prerequisite for court-proof evidence and sufficient image quality for analytics.
This ensures forensic usability and data quality for analysis applications and efficient protection against burglary, outflow of goods or industrial espionage. The optional AI-based object classification system can reduce the number of false alarms to practically zero.
In addition, the Panomera® technology allows completely new approaches to perimeter protection, such as attaching cameras to existing buildings (90 degrees to the perimeter) instead of along the fence line. This allows customers to make significant savings on infrastructure costs.
- Protection against break-in and theft with “Virtual Guard” function
- AI-based object classification reduces the number of false alarms to practically zero
- Two-tier object classification reduces false alarms by up to 90%
- Fewer cameras and lower infrastructure costs with Panomera® multifocal sensor system
- Uninterrupted video observation of the entire area with definable resolution
- Fastest implementation through autocalibration, pre-focusing and complete software integration
Entry and exit
Long waiting times, traffic jams and time-consuming manual data entry are still frequently part of everyday life for logistics companies.
The "digital gate" solution automates a large part of the registration and deregistration processes and integrates the recorded data into the ERP system, where it is linked with pre-transmitted notification data and other information. The results are significantly reduced waiting times and the minimization of manual data entry processes.
Dallmeier "Digital Gate" solutions are and are developed individually for each customer. Ask us for more details!
Damage to vehicles or parts of buildings is part of everyday logistics operations. This makes it all the more important to ensure smooth processing and rapid clarification of responsibilities for an unbureaucratic and not least emotionally objective settlement of claims via the relevant insurance companies.
Damage management with Dallmeier systems records all relevant vehicle areas on entry and exit as well as on the premises and enables visual documentation of any damage that has occurred. From the recorded data, the system quickly creates corresponding documents with all relevant documents for all parties involved.
- Immediate clarification of liability
- Protection of employees and customer relations
- Capture of damage to vehicles and buildings (e.g., rubber lips) and transfer of risk
- Full coverage visual documentation with Panomera® multifocal sensor system
Many customers in the logistics industry and insurance companies for high-tech goods require certification according to TAPA (Transported Asset Protection Association).
Companies in the logistics and transport industry can use this certification to prove that they meet global standards for minimum security requirements.
The camera, recording and software solutions from Dallmeier enable the (over-)fulfilment of the TAPA standards FSR and PSR regarding video surveillance.
- FSR (Facility Security Requirements) for secure storage, warehousing and transport-related interim storage
- PSR (Parking Security Requirements) for secure parking
- Total solutions for TAPA-compliant, high-quality video documentation
- Total solutions for warehouses, loading and shipping areas and premises/Perimeters
- (Over)fulfilment of FSR standards and TAPA certification
Image-supported process management
Shift leaders and managers in logistics have a lot on their plate: Ensuring smooth processes in incoming goods, storage and outgoing goods are just some of the daily challenges. It is not easy to keep everything in view at all times.
For many professionals, everyday life is characterised by countless tours and visual inspections, which are time-consuming and energy-sapping.
With the "Panomera® W" camera systems by Dallmeier, logistics specialists can carry out visual checks conveniently from the control centre, as the unique 180° and 360° views seamlessly capture large spatial contexts. Further advantages range from convenient monitoring of production lines to increased occupational safety and streamlined processes.
- Monitoring of production lines in contract logistics
- Optimisation of the flow of goods and Information
- Comprehensive 360° views and capture of largest optical contexts with minimal number of cameras
- Improvement of accident prevention and occupational safety through video documentation of claim incidents
Up to five percent or more of packaged goods are "lost" in a typical chaos warehouse during the day, resulting in a corresponding search effort up to contractual penalties.
With Dallmeier's location solution, logistics companies reduce the effort for retrieval to a minimum, as the location of each package is known at all times thanks to the linking of hand scanners and video data. Lost and misplaced freight items are thus a thing of the past.
- Positioning and tracking of shipments in real time
- Connecting package and video system
- Location by scan protocol and WLAN cell, frame-precise link to the video image
- Much faster detection of lost packages by the operators
- Precise location with RFID tag on the scanner (customer-specific solution on request)
"On-the-fly" volume measurement
The automatic calculation of volumes and dimensions is also worth cash: logistic companies achieve enormous time savings by eliminating the need for manual measurement. Incorrect calculations are prevented and false information is uncovered.
With the automatic volume calculation by Dallmeier video and software systems, an existing route can be defined as a measuring section: Special 3D video systems determine the real volume of freight and automatically transfer the data to the ERP system.
- Automatic, instantaneous volume measurement “on the fly”
- Elimination of manual capture processes
- Identification of incorrect dimension entries (L/W/H)
- Automatic transfer of the actual volume data to the warehouse management system
Your Benefits with Dallmeier
Automatic Entry and Exit processes: Long waiting times belong to yesterday
Logistics companies realise a wide range of commercial benefits with the modular solutions from Dallmeier. This begins with data capture upon entry: Here, the vehicle class and number plates of tractor units/trailers are detected automatically, the same applies for the ID numbers of containers/swap bodies and hazard classes. This way, logistics companies can successfully avoid long waiting times and reduce cycle times. Lead times can be improved still further by advance capture of ASNs, digitized consignment notes and direct integration of all data in the ERP system: Up to 90% of all manual processes are automated with the Dallmeier solution. The situation is similar upon exit. Automatic capture and processing of vehicle and hazardous materials data as well as consignment notes lead to shorter waiting times here too. And visual documentation helps with claims management.
Yard management: Dynamic transport order assignment and relaxed lorry drivers
GPS tracking of swap bodies and automatic gate assignments enable the dynamic assignment of transport orders and gates to the yard drivers. In addition, real-time displays of the progress of loading and unloading operations not only allow time forecasts, they also provide the capability to install waiting time displays for lorry drivers. The drivers can then relax between trips, internal workflows are improved, satisfaction levels rise among employees and drivers, and the goods are delivered safely to their destination.
Perimeter protection & claims management: Protection for customers and employees
It goes without saying, the company must also be protected: Around the perimeter, the patented Panomera® multifocal sensor system guarantees cost-efficient protection against break-ins and theft, with substantially lower infrastructure and personnel costs than conventional systems. Damages can be traced and attributed clearly, both for purposes of transfer of risk and in the event of damage to vehicles and buildings (in the case of rubber lips, for example). Consequently, employees and customer relationships are protected with clear responsibilities and provability.
Position finding and tracking of cargo in real time: Complete control of your unit goods
Misplacement of cargo is a known challenge in logistics, and it leads to significant costs. The Dallmeier tracking system offers cost-efficient solutions for this: Even the entry-level solution already enables automatic searches using the package number. Unit goods can be found in a matter of seconds. With the advanced solution, UWB technology on hand scanners, floor conveyors and UHD cameras can be combined to enable precise real-time tracking of all cargo positions, without the need for intermediate scans. So, logistics companies can prevent misplacements, incorrect loading operations and empty runs.
Automatic weighing system: Correct weight information at all times
Wireless weighing forks on forklift trucks can replace manual weighing processes as of now. With the automatic weighing solution, incorrect and false weight information is discovered and the correct data is transmitted directly to the warehouse management system (WMS).
Automatic volume calculation: Simple integration in existing workflows
Volume calculation is also child’s play: special 3D cameras record volumes and replace all manual recording processes. Possible mistakes and incorrect data on dimensions (L/W/H) are detected and the correct data is transferred to the WMS. And in order to guarantee seamless integration into proven processes, an existing track can be defined as a measuring segment.
The Dallmeier logistics management module pulls all the threads together
The management module in the Dallmeier solution ensures complete integration in third-party systems and correlation of all data required for search, analysis and statistics. The result: Optimisation of the entire process chain from incoming to outgoing goods delivers significant cost reduction in administration, scan times, search processes and site management.