Companies are increasingly becoming victims of cybercrime – attacks through inadequately secured interfaces on video security systems are no exception.
These five tips will help you make your video system even more secure:
- equip users' accounts only with the absolutely necessary rights
- change preset user/password combinations and use strong passwords
- disable non-essential services
- make sure that security fixes are applied promptly and maintenance contracts are kept up to date
- use up-to-date system components and encryption
Also helpful: Ask your vendor!
Are system components from manufacturers who are economically and politically independent and thus tend not to use deliberate backdoors?
Does the manufacturer regularly conduct external penetration tests? Do they take the GDPR principle of "security by design" into account during development?
More on "Cybersecurity & Video Systems":